Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trafic owner with major problems with Renault UK

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th March 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Trafic owner with major problems with Renault UK

Hi all, I'm Martin,

I'm mainly a jap car guy but I have a Trafic as a work vehicle which came out of warranty late last year and funnily enough has just started having many many problems.

Where do I start? Well, it's seemingly continuously had the check emissions CEL light and warning, Renault have finally said they'd sort it out themselves. Also had check ignition/injector lights too and that seems to have been sorted due to a blocked injector I believe.

However, that's not my biggest problem right now. When it went in for its final service in warranty, they noted down they did a full oil change, changed the fuel filter, replaced the air conditioning condenser, among varying other things.

Well now, when we got it back, we first noticed the state of the brake discs, they looked like a vinyl record with a huge lip on the outer edge, surely something they would've notified us about?

That led us into checking other things. The oil was completely black, not how you would expect it after a fresh change, it was also incredibly watery and ran off our hands as such, again, not what I'd expect fresh oil to do.

Secondly, we checked the sump plug. Never been touched, let alone removed. The dirt and crud surrounding it hadn't been disturbed since new. That's after we struggled getting the undertray off due to multiple seized bolts and clips that just pulled out of their mounting points instead of releasing the bolts. Again, not something we'd expect after a supposedly fresh service.

Thirdly, the fuel filter... The filter housing was dirty, to be expected for a work vehicle, however, there were no wipe marks, no spillage marks, no clean marks, nothing. It's as though they magically removed the filter and replaced it whilst in situ, in a housing that didn't get opened or touched, all without spilling a drop of fuel.

Next up... The turbo actuator, this darling of a control arm (the threaded bit and the bit attached to that) was completely undone. Now, I may be being silly, but I would imagine this would cause the turbo not to function as it should, if at all? This could be my paranoia but, if that was the case, could this have been done to possibly hide something elsewhere in the engine system? For instance... Head gasket?

Speaking of which...

The view of the air box with that mark going across it? That's the string cheese type substance that has come away when we separated the oil filler cap from the filler pipe.

Now, this is a van that has just done over 106k miles, it's a work vehicle, it doesn't get driven hard, very rarely over 3k revs.

Is this just my paranoia or are Renault main dealers playing silly buggers?

I'll add more photos/videos when I get back to the office.

Hi by the way. New here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently in Skifledanabit's garage:
2011 Renault Trafic Sport
  5 Lastest Threads by Skifledanabit
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Trafic owner with major problems with Renault UK Cars & motoring chuffer690 14 1857 11th March 2015 05:17 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome