Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II emergency brake fault

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th March 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II emergency brake fault

This morning I dropped off my 55 reg laguna at my usual one man band outfit who does my MOTs to have the rear discs and pads replaced. Due to a 2 week old baby now at home I didn't have the inclination to do them myself.

When I was rung to pick the car up he said the job had taken a bit longer than expected as the drivers side piston had came out to its limit due to the pads being down to the metal (oops!) and it had taken a bit of persistence to get it wound back in. Anyway everything seemed to have gone fine until I got home and realised the drivers side rear brakes had been sticking and were fairly warm. I took it back round and he was happy to have another look at which point the service light came on and the screen lit up red telling us to apply the handbrake. He ran the car round the corner to his mate to have the code checked and was told it was 'Emergency brake activation' or something similar. The Solus it was attached to refused to clear the code but did explain what to do ie. Release the lever in the centre console. He was also told it was likely that since the piston had been allowed out so far the car would see this as a brake fault and apply the rear brake on that side itself. The lever in the centre console is slack when checked.

Since the code would not clear he asked if I could leave it with him while he left the battery disconnected in an attempt to clear the fault and hopefully release the brake.

Does anyone have similar knowledge of this?
Currently in johnnyt's garage:
2005 laguna 1.9dci
  5 Lastest Threads by johnnyt
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
laguna II epb Brakes/Hubs johnnyt 0 453 16th March 2015 01:49 PM
Laguna II emergency brake fault Brakes/Hubs johnnyt 0 1982 13th March 2015 03:25 PM
Which EGR valve? Engines wasaloadie 4 586 13th December 2014 12:50 PM
hi Welcome to RenaultForums johnboyw 2 428 25th August 2014 04:23 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome