Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Airbag/immobiliser problem

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 1st August 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Your half right I used to be an R.T.E. for renault for ten years untill I started my own independent Renault garage, I've seen this kind of scenario time and time again. If you are not happy with the answers you get from the service manager go straight to customer services then demand your car back on the grounds that you were not aware of the extent of the bill, I would even say that you just can't afford the bill.

What i was saying before was that they cannot refuse to give you your property back. I've seen the police force a dealer give a customer their keys back after the same kind of dispute.

Fitting the other air bag E.C.U. will not affect the immobiliser as that model is not Multi-plexed but I would not recommend doing this for many reasons most importantly you may set off the airbags as the system is not locked, and in an accident these can kill. My advice is still play cool, remember everything, and take notes to help if the service manager is covering his back the stories and reasons might not stack up. Usually the service managers are not renault trained you could ask to speak to an R.T.E. there should be one or more on sight they are trained by renault themselves and are the best people to talk to with any renault problem.. let me know how you get on regards Si..
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome