Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Alize tailgate wont unlock

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 1st August 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Yahoo to tinker2
Hi John here

I have just had ago at my espace alize 1998 tailgate as it decided to stop working of the remote key fob.
first I got a small electrical screwdriver the type with a neon in and used this to push the back of the activating handel as far as possible in, keeping the pressure on I fired the central loking several times, pressure must be kept on the screwdriver while you do this. this fortunately made it so tail gate opened.

Ifound two screws torx type on bottom corners and another two on top there are also two in the pull down handle, once all these were removed the inner fell off,
main cause was rust and dryness I liberaly central area around the lock itself and worked the bars well to there extreams then repeated on each end again working well to extreamsthis time for even longer, being as I had not got any spray grease i repeated then tried tailgate several times before rebuilding on completion the release handel was open out to full extent which it had not done for some time only regret i had no white grease to spray on once releast to help slow rusting more
Currently in tinker2's garage:
1998 renault espace alize 2 ltre
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome