Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Passenger side door wont lock lag 03

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 2nd August 2007
tom burton
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Near side front door will not lock

Originally Posted by ide man View Post

Thought it was too good to be true 4 months of hassel free motoring until today .
My daughter walked upto my car this morning and opened it even thoe I thought I had locked it ?
So I locked it with the fob and the door still opened . Tried to lock it using the fob for half an hour it still wont lock .
It makes the noise like its trying to lock

Anyone got any ideas ???

I have dead locked the door now by turning the switch on the side of the door to lock . I also have tried my key but that doesn't work .

Is this going to be expensive ??hope it just need an oil .

Thanks Ide man
Hello there!

I've just discovered the exact same problem on my Laguna: I cannot also manually lock the front passenger door using the method of inserting a screwdriver, nor by using the emergency key.

I've stripped the door down, but it appears all to be one unit with a mechanism from the emergency lock barrel.

Think I'll have to replace the whole lot unless someone can enlighten me and save me some money.

On the 'phone to the main stealer this afternoon, it was suggested that I would even have to replace the emergency lock barrel: two types, one with the same barrel and a cheaper version where the key is not the same as on the card. Surely the original barrel can be swapped over i.e. is held by a circlip or something similar.

I'm niggled as only on the 4th July, along with a major service, front discs and pads, and rear bushes, I had a new card programmed. I could be cynical and say that the stealer knew about the problem when testing the new emergency key, or even that the problem 1st manifested itself when this key was tested. However I have no proof so will not persue the matter.

Any tips or advise would be gratefully received.

I'm off on my hols tomorrow lunch but will back on-line in a week or so: looks like we're gong in my wife's self combusting Scenic!

UPDATE 9th September 07

I went to the main stealers and had a new lock mechanism fitted for £161.66 inc. VAT.
Currently in tom burton's garage:
2006 Renault Modus 1.5Dci 86ps Initial

Last edited by tom burton; 9th September 2007 at 10:57 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome