Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Need a child car seat

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Need a child car seat

Hi everyone, this is my first post I passed my driving test 2 weeks ago and I've just picked up a 2 year old Modus 1.6 Dynamique Auto today. I have a 2 and a half year old daughter and I need to get a car seat for her but I am having real trouble finding one.

The problem is my daughter weighs 17kg and she is too big for the recommended Group 1 child seat. She isn't old enough for the next size up (Group 2/3) as these are meant to be used by children over 4. I rang the Britax helpline today and they said I definitely should not put her in one of these seats. They were basically implying that I shouldn't put my daughter in the car until she is 4 years old! The only seat they said I could use was a Britax Elite, but it doesn't fit the Modus

Has anyone had a similar problem and could tell me which car seat to get? Thanks.
Currently in Tykelass's garage:
2005 Renault Modus Dynamique 1.6 Auto A/C
  5 Lastest Threads by Tykelass
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Modus - how/where to fit roof bars? Bodywork Tykelass 5 5107 14th August 2010 04:20 PM
Modus - Emission Warning Light/Toxic Fume Light... Engines Lagdti 11 9591 26th September 2007 09:00 PM
Need a child car seat Cars & motoring Truckbusuk 4 2034 2nd August 2007 09:19 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome