Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Front suspension - Wishbone Arm How to

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Front suspension - Wishbone Arm

Hi all,

Me and my friend changed both front wishbones on my Laguna II over the weekend. It was a real pig of a job to do and certainly not one I'd want to do again.

The job is in limbo at the moment, as the subframe had to be lowered to get the rearmost bolt out on the o/s arm, but unfortunately these bolts were so corroded that we managed to strip the thread off one and hacksaw the other one during the undoing process . I have been to my local main dealer to order new bolts, but have informed that it could be a 2-3 week wait for them!!!

Does anyone know the exact size of these nuts and bolts, as I am going to have to source a replacement from elsewhere as I need the car on the road by the end of this week.

I just need to know the width and length of the bolt and then I am going to go to my local marine engineer workshop to see if they have any nuts and bolts suitable for the job.

Or, alternatively do any of you know of an online place I could try for the proper Renault nuts and bolts?

Many thanks,
Currently in Sabre's garage:
53 plate laguna II
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome