Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Disability Living Allowance

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2006
A former user
Interesting topic - had to add my thoughts for balance..

We legitimately claim for our eldest son ( aged 10 - severe skin + chest disease ) and the extra cash is both welcomed and spent tending to his needs + large amount of regular medication he needs to survive and lead a normal life..

The extra income ( approx 200 p/m ) is paid for about 20 fold if we take into consideration how much we pay in income tax and stealth tax such as petrol, vat, council tax etc etc etc..

I just wanted to make the point that not all DLA claimants are scrouging scumbags but - that in the vast majority of cases - it's quite often normal families with extra needs for which the system works.

Claiming DLA is a very hard and long winded process because of the amount of would be fraudsters out there.

Programs such as the one you watched worry me that the process will become even more complicated in the future making our lives hell .

Just be sure not to be shocked into thinking all DLA claimants are cheating liars please..

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome