Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Electronics - TDC sensor

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
TDC problem

Hi all, I'm new to this forum as of a couple of hours ago, I googled 'clio starting problems' in despair after many failed attempts on getting my car repaired.

Basically I've got a 98 ClioII 1149 RN. In the last couple of weeks it has only started intermittently, in that when it didn't start the engine turned over without firing. Obviously when I asked a mechanic to look at it it started immediately every time in a 'herbie-esque fashion' making me look like a fool.

Well cutting to the chase, within an hour or so of reading about the TDC and its problems and looking at the photos of the Laguna TDC , I have taken mine out cleaned off all the gunk and replaced it only to find the car fired immediately and continues to, fingers crossed.

Previously this morning the battery was almost flat following numerous attempts to get it going.

I'd just like to thank everyone who has contributed to the information in this area, You've saved me a lot of time and money and are certainly a lot more knowledgeable than the guys I've approached re: the problem. Viva le forum
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome