Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Starting concerns + a couple of queries

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2007
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
The brake proportioning valve and its connecting rod are designed for a specific weight of car and a particular suspension - as both cars are distinctly different I would have serious doubts if it would be suitable. I suggest you contact your local renault dealer who may be able assist in identifying which one you need. Then you may be able to source the correct type. As this component is a vital safety component of the braking system I personally would be very reluctant to fit used or second parts simply because if it goes wrong you could end up loosing control of the car and causing an accident. After fitting a replacement proporting valve it is necessary to have it checked on a brake testing machine similar to that used during MOT as there is no other means of knowing if it is working correctly. It may be worth checking with a decent motor factors to see of it is available as an after market fitting.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome