Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Need a child car seat

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Tykelass View Post
Hi everyone, this is my first post I passed my driving test 2 weeks ago and I've just picked up a 2 year old Modus 1.6 Dynamique Auto today. I have a 2 and a half year old daughter and I need to get a car seat for her but I am having real trouble finding one.

The problem is my daughter weighs 17kg and she is too big for the recommended Group 1 child seat. She isn't old enough for the next size up (Group 2/3) as these are meant to be used by children over 4. I rang the Britax helpline today and they said I definitely should not put her in one of these seats. They were basically implying that I shouldn't put my daughter in the car until she is 4 years old! The only seat they said I could use was a Britax Elite, but it doesn't fit the Modus

Has anyone had a similar problem and could tell me which car seat to get? Thanks.
We had similar problems with our youngest daughter, who by age 2 was almost out of a Britax Cruiser .... we ended up with a Concord Lift Pro (now called Lift Evo or Lift Protect,) its a big seat (German children are big compared to the UK average) and its served well and fitted both our previous Espace's, your welcome to try it if in your Modus, if your in the Glasgow area ... just a suggestion.

Hope it helps

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome