Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Immobiliser yet again

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Immobiliser yet again

Hi folks my first post here so please be gentle with me

I bought a 2000 (W) Laguna last week from a used cars sales place. Superb condition low mileage etc. Next day I switched off the ignition to read a map and when I tried to restart the immobliser light just flashed. then after a few spins it started. Jump to Sunday, 12 30am West End of London same thing, flashing immobiliser light
This time I had to try fror 1/2 hour before it started.

Any way I contacted the previous owner who said this had been going on a long time and had cost a lot of money. The local dealer had apparently changed the decoder amongst other things.

Today I took the car to a Renault dealer (Delta Maidenhead) who ran diagnostics, but surprise surprise nothing found. The guy said he changed the "CO2 and crankshaft filter" as its a common fault which causes it to non start. 200.

My questions are Would this sensor cause the immobiliser to not turn off? (I dont think so) The man in the garage had no answer when asked.

I have been through just about every post in here aboout Laguna immobilisers and as far as I can make out The model Laguna cannot have its Immobiliser over ridden. Is this the case?

I also had the usual run around about not being able to get codes from Renault. Thats now a complaint with Renaukt UK

I hope one of you experts can answer my questions.

Thanks in advance

Currently in highway1's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna 1.8 Alize
  5 Lastest Threads by highway1
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Immobiliser yet again Electronics markchalk 13 2259 3rd August 2007 05:01 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome