Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - why is it

Thread: why is it
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 18th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
There are, of course, an increasing number of cars where changing a headlight bulb is beyond the abilities of the average owner. You have to be a contortionist or dismantle half of the engine to get at the back of the light clusters. In the case of Xenons, you're simply instructed not to touch them. Joe Public can't be trusted not to stick his fingers into high voltage electrical systems and can sue the manufacturer if he's daft enough to do it and they haven't specifically told him not to.

It's faulty brake lights that really annoy me. I saw a Rover a while back with both main brake lights faulty, and three out of four bulbs in the high level light faulty too. The only indication that the driver was braking was that one remaining bulb in the high level light. I wondered how long it would be before that last bulb failed and the car was left with no brake lights at all.

There's still no excuse for having a tail light bulb out on most models. One of the exceptions being the boot lid mounted lights on the Laguna II. It took me 20 minutes to change a bulb first time around - I've never seen such a stupid design.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome