Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2007 grand scenic rear disc

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th March 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2007 grand scenic rear disc

I hope someone can help, I was quite confident this would go smoothly but I've run into problems and the car is off the road which is not good. I've searched but not found much on Scenic II rear discs.

My brakes needed overhaul, disc and pads, front and back. Front is done, that went ok.
I removed the 36mm hub nut, removed the pad housing all ok but I can't get the nuts holding the caliper housing out.

Pic attached, they are not true 13mm nuts + have locktite. I got one out but the other will round off if I don't find the right tool, its already slipped twice on 1/2" socket and spanner.

What should I use to remove this nut?.

Second problem was my pistons won't wind back. I have the tool but they are too close to get it in in the first place. Must I relieve pressure, should I undo the bleed nipple?

I just need them to move a few mm so I can get my wind in tool in place, no matter how much I turn them they are not winding in, just going round and round. Then I wonder are they all wind in on the rears?

Thank you in advance for help, I'm really in a fix at the moment, even if I can just get pads on to make the car roadworthy would help, I can come back to the calipers later but need the car back on the road asap.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nut.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	68242   Click image for larger version

Name:	caliper.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	68250  
Currently in pgtips123's garage:
Renault Grand Scenic Auto 2007
  5 Lastest Threads by pgtips123
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
rear springs grand scenic 2007 Steering and Suspension pgtips123 4 273 19th March 2016 02:29 PM
2007 grand scenic rear disc Brakes/Hubs pgtips123 4 620 18th March 2015 04:44 PM
2007 grand scenic auto Welcome to RenaultForums johnboyw 1 351 18th March 2015 11:43 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome