Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Faulty Odometer - Laguna II?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Faulty Odometer - Laguna II?

Hi all,

I have just bought a Renault Laguna II expression.

Now there are a number of little glitches that I am working my way through but could do with your thoughts before I go much further.

On my way home from the auctions the front near side spring snapped. This went straight through the tyre. Off to a good start I thought.

So managed to replace the struts with no problems (well apart from the usual corroded bolts etc) but since then the odometer seems to have gone a little strange. When the engine starts it comes up oil uk and then instead of displaying the current mileage it comes up with a 5 and a small m beneath it. Is this a faulty odometer or do I need to reset something? If I do how do I go about it?

I am also looking to replace the timing belt and have bought a kit for it but when I took it to the local renault garage they wanted 500 to replace the timing belt and they insisted that the auxillary belt needed replaced at the same time. Is this true?

The last electric issues are the external temperature sensor and the fuel gauge. Most of the time they work normally but every now and then the temperature reading suddenly plunges and can go as low as -19'C and the fuel gauge suddenly drops from two thirds full to nothing.

Is the external temp sensor easy to replace and are there any issues likely to be encountered.

Anyway any help would be much appreciated.

Currently in Bar's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.8 expression
  5 Lastest Threads by Bar
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Faulty Odometer - Laguna II? Electronics Bar 3 1460 4th August 2007 02:34 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome