Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - General Advice Needed

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th August 2007
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Hi Pete - generally diesels are better at towing but remember modern cars aren't realy designed for that purpose so it is recomended you keep your towing weight to a minimum. The link below helps you guage vehicle and towing abilities and gives recommendations. I suggets you try my second link and see what should be a fair price to pay. I am not being critical of good old Fleabay but along with auctions it can be the place of last resort for many to get rid of a car (which they can't sell otherwise) The intervals for changing timing belt is 70,000 miles or at least every 5 years which ever comes first. There are plenty of good Scenics out their but be prepared to be patient - I recommend you go and look at some on the flesh so to speak and get an eye for what is good and bad. Never buy a car based on a picture only cos it just ain't a good way to judge quality. First decide on your budget - go to Parkers and see what you are likely to get for your money and then start looking. Don't be afraid to go and look at some even if you particularly like the look of them - it a good way to get experience and you could also go to a dealer and get a test drive in a fairly new one that way you can get a feel of what feels right. You could also try the autotrader site for ideas. Good Luck and happy hunting.

caravan caravan sites caravan forum caravan information stolen caravans

Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome