Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II General Problems

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2005
A former user
Sounds like a wise buy and hopefully the problems are just initial.

I did the same thing with my Laguna ( i,e, bought ex fleet vehicle with frsh) but since owning it I have had to sort out two ball joints, defective alarm sensor, climate control panel ( backlight stopped working ), door lock trim ( old one fell off ), 2 x tyre sensors ( inexperience tyre dealer tried to remove the valves when changing the tyres and sheered them off ).

Having said all that it is a second hand car and I could not expect that nothing needed sorting over time. I travel around 20k miles per year and have to say that the Lag II is very comfortable and a bloody good motorway car. The 1.8 F4P engine has been well used ( was used in the previous Laguna model by Renault ) and is seemingly bullet proof. Also I still manage 40mpg on long journeys if I stick to 70 - 75 mph and it now clocked up 109k miles.

You may be aware of this already but did the company / Renault change the cam belt before you bought the car.. If not it may be worth getting it changed.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome