Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Electronics - TDC sensor

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
hi all - we replaced the tdc sensor to no avail - finally towed it to delear who said diagnostic computer showned no faults but that the key wasn't communicating with the receiver - so we need new key - however they got the car started by bending the key (faulty pcb component?) so we took the car for a run but it stopped again so we ended up gettin the AA to take us home. (as it was late and the dealer was closed).

being an electonics engineer I checked the pcb on both keys but couldn't find a fault - similarly the receiver.

which left me with a useless car (now month since it's worked). I need a new key from renault in france. seems renault in france close down for the whole of august

none of those internet security companies can help. I can't disconnect the immobilser (dealer said it can't be done).

so I have no car for another month

am I the only one who thinks this is not a good thing?

there must be a way to disconnect the immobiliser.

it has an electronic pump so not sure if I can take a lead straight to the battery to bypass the ECU , but surely renault must be able to reprogram the ECU so it doesn't wait for the 'handshake' from the key?

does anyone know?
Currently in summercamp's garage:
always had old cars - I love classic sports cars - am a dab hand with fixing them old machines - currently have my baby - Clio mk 2 diesel
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome