Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace III - Heating & Cooling - Pollen Filter Location

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2007 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by jack daniels View Post
Hi Donald, I drive a 2002 ( 98-02 ) Renault grand Espace 2.0 16v Auto,
F4R-701, DP0 transmission.
the gear changes seem a bit rough at times, have you experienced this in yours?
when there is load on the motor the cahnges are generally fine. when the engine temp. is cold the changes seem a bit worse, especially on downchanges just coasting along. The car has 57000 km on the clock, and the fluid has been changed once, 12 months ago at 44000 km.
the fluid used was dexron III but not the ELF renaultmatic recommended fluid. I just assume that all dexron III s are pretty much the same however renault say that the elf renaultmatic fluid is especially blended for the DP0 transmission and its materials.
the gear shifts are just less smooth than many other newer cars like mercedes and volvo which Im in occasionally.

Hi when iam towing and also when iam not occasionally i get what i call "OOCH" gear i think it is sometimes that the gear box goes to selected a gear and does but then retracts itself and goes back to the gear it was in with a bang or follow through effect,i have had many auto boxes and Renault has been far the worst box i have ever had but iam still pleased with it my last box was with my c180 Merc and it did it from time to time,as i said it only ever does it occasionally meaning once in a 200 mile journey so it is not bothering me that much to be honest,i hope this helps a little,when i changed my auto oil i used Renault elf DexIII from Renault because Renault said that there is a mineral that the DPO box requires but i was also told by Renault never to change it unless the oil was or had been contaminated or the box had been worked at but i changed it for that peice of mind,it holds 8L of oil but when you drain it only 4L will come out and the other 4L will remain in the top torque converter all the very best Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome