Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Black smoke and EGR

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Black smoke and EGR

HI all. HAd a problem with lots of black smoke on my 03 Laguna so though I'd add my experience.

As usual, loads of black smoke on acceleration and puffing when surging at constant speed. Took advice from the forum and removed the coal in the EGR but made little difference. Got me thinking as to why the EGR would be sooted up in the first place but befroe I could investigate it developed a loud hush when the turbo was running.

Long story short, took it to the dealer who saud the hush noise was because the intercooler was split in half because the computer was over boosting and overfueling. New intercooler, remapped ECU and all fine and dandy, if a little slower.

Must be a common problem though as new intercoolers have reinforced banding to stop them splitting.

5 Lastest Threads by duncan
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Laguna 2 - Heater Fan Not Working*FIXED* Laguna sanchagas 14 44454 19th July 2009 09:14 PM
Renault Laguna 2 - DIY Turbo Re-Con Possible? Engines bpowell555 4 1820 20th August 2008 06:44 PM
Renault Laguna 2 - Induction Noise? Engines duncan 5 1740 13th May 2008 07:27 PM
Laguna II exhaust rattle and headlights! Exhausts Ivor_E_Tower 3 1741 26th January 2008 03:31 PM
In dash display and stereo feed - help Electronics Lagdti 4 979 17th January 2008 06:05 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome