Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Cruise control/Speed limiter switch

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th August 2007 Thread Starter
Black Initiale
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cruise control/Speed limiter switch

I am having problems with my cruise control /speed limiter switch.
When trying to engage CC at the appropriate speed and gearing etc. the switch very often refuses to engage, it can take 10 to 15 pushes before it finally stays on (each time the button is pushed in, the CC light illuminates in the centre of the dash display) Once the switch holds CC works perfectly until switched off again.

I have not managed to get Speed Limiter to stay on at all although I haven't tried nearly as much as with CC.

Car is an 04 Laguna 1.9dCi Initiale with 40500 miles on the clock, I have owned it for 6 months and (of course) it is about three weeks out of warranty.

Is it likely to be the switch which is faulty, if so is it a simple DIY swap. Could it be (he said hopefully) just that the switch hasn't been used very much and needs wearing in?

Thanks in anticipation of any assistance
Currently in Black Initiale's garage:
2009 Laguna Coupe 2.0 dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by Black Initiale
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cruise control/Speed limiter switch Electronics chris m 2 1279 6th August 2007 03:29 PM
Hello from a newbie Welcome to RenaultForums chris m 2 577 2nd July 2007 11:56 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome