Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help Please

Thread: Help Please
View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 6th August 2007
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
It may claim to increase the rate the throttle is opened being by amplifying the signal from the pedal potentiometer - which is bit like increasing the ratio of pedal movement in relation to the throttle. In my basic understanding of electronics you need a power source to amplify a signal and as far as I know the unit talked about just plugs in between the potentiometer and the wiring. One basic rule of electronics and electricity is that the fewer connections and circuits a current has to flow through the lower its potential loss of voltage and current. So by adding another connection and a box of tricks along the way may actually reduce response times. I would dearly love to see exactly what is inside the box of tricks
If it increases throttle opening rates and as you say makes the accelerator less smooth and more jerky it could making going through bends a bit more interesting - especially when what you need is a smooth application of power to stop the back end from stepping out on a frosty morning. Maybe it just a case of fools being easily parted with their money. Maybe this is the sort of thing that would work well with one of those magnetic fuel savers
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome