Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - 'Check Injection' Light On*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2015
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
Re: Renault Scenic 2 - 'Check Injection' Light On*FIXED*

Originally Posted by steve30300 View Post
Ok to add my bit on this as I'm suffering similar symptoms

The car was miss fueled last summer, November last year I had the injection stop come on, AA towed to garage, garage found that fuel filter full of metal fillings, filter replaced but problem not fixed, it could be easily recreated when coming off the throttle.
He then found that three of the four glow plugs were faulty and the control relay was replaced, problem still not fixed but as said previously in this thread glow plugs are only used on initial start up.
leak back test showed one injector leaking slightly more than the others but not enough to cause the fault according to the garage, High pressure fuel changed and pressure regulator replaced, problem still not fixed.
Got car back after three months after garage wanted 1200 to replace injectors but could not guarantee to fix the fault.
Very occasionally I get this fault but not often

Once the HP fuel transfer pump wears filling the fuel system with metal filings they should have been taken as a serious warning. Once this occurs the complete fuel system including the fuel tank becomes contaminated. A Renault dealer charges around 3500 for repair and a decent independent who knows exactly what they are doing usually charge about half that amount. Sadly the scrapyards are full of such cars due to the cost of repairs being much more than the car is worth.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome