Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rusty filler cap area

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 7th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Took the car in today, no mention of service history at all from them. They took the car away, took the relevent photographs and said they would get back to us as soon as they could. Just have to sit and wait now.

The garage just called saying that they need the anit-corrosion waranty book - this we dont have. We are now going back to the dealer we got the car from to see if they can contact the previous owner to see it they still have it. I did however stress that if we cant find it it doesnt mean that checks werent carried out and we are being left out in the cold, being penalised for someone elses error. The garage said that without this book they cannot go ahead but the chap i spoke to did say he would speak to customer services on our behalf if we couldnt get the book. Its crazy (although i can understand their point of view) that an anti corrosion warranty is still in force for the car but we may lose out due to no fault of our own. Im going to push this as hard as i can as i still think they should honour the warranty - he even told me that the book was the only proof of any checks that had been made, so whos to say they havent been done after all. What if id lost the book myself.........the warranty would then become void - how harsh is that !!!!!!
Currently in teulk's garage:

Last edited by teulk; 7th August 2007 at 04:22 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome