Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 2 - Electronics - Keyless entry help

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 19th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I just noticed that you're on the Wirral. Lewis Reed did mine in the end (having been fobbed off by two other dealers.)

The system could have been designed to give us the best of both worlds. In most cases, it's handy to be able to open any door without using the card, but in a safety critical situation, it'd be useful if a single press of the remote button unlocked the driver's door and temporarily disabled the sensors on all of the others.

But the designers weren't quite that clever, so you have to decide which is your priority: security or convenience. In my case, having a child seat in the NSR passenger seat was pretty much the deciding factor. Your choices are to walk round to the driver's door, open it, lean in and press the button in the centre console (try that while holding a baby) or just rummage round in your pocket and find the keycard (also less than ideal with a baby in tow, and somewhat annoying when the car is supposed to be hands-free.)

It's also worth noting that the car doesn't deadlock when you walk away with the card. I imagine that's for safety reasons (you could inadvertently lock someone inside.) If you're leaving your car in a particluarly dodgy area, then it might still be worth deadlocking it using two presses of the lock button on the card. Note that this temporarily disables the handsfree system and you have to unlock with the card next time around.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome