Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MOT seat question

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 7th August 2007 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by lagdti View Post
You don't need the seats in it Don.

If the seats aren't there,they can't be tested,but the tester will probably just advise on the number of seats and seatbelts tested just to cover himself.If he passes the car and then theres an accident where a seatbelt or seat breaks and someone is injuried,he'd be in the poop,but if just says 'Advise:2 seats missing at time of test,not able to test adult belts' then his ar$e is covered.It's the same sort of thing with child seats.We can't remove the seat to check an adult belt,so we just advise that the seat was fitted and we haven't checked the adult belt.We can check the child seat for fixture and the belts on it it's self,but can't fail a car if any fault is found.

Good luck with the test,I'm sure it'll fly through as you certaintly seem to look after it well.
Hi Lag that is great news if i thought for one minute there was any faults they would corrected but there all fine just giving me lots of "e space" in the Espace leaving them in the cupboard and dropping the weight of the car by quite a bit so when iam on my own i can have some crazy time heating the valves and giving it to her large the car that is its a her cheers all the best Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome