Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane CC

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 28th March 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane CC

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
The car is priced about right - what prices they seek on ebay and what they get don't reflect the real world of second hand Renaults. Try the link below and the reduce values by at least 10 %.

The onboard computer is only a guestimate of what mpg has been. It all depends on when it was last reset, driving style and if it was on a long or short urban runs. For instance I could play around with the OBC on my Lagg II when I had it and could get mpg figures ranging from zero mpg to 90 mpg.

The fact that one of the sellers (not necessarily the owner) sells parts for a living would make me do a thorough check that the car hasn't been and repaired.

Have you done an online check for MOT and insurance cover for the car?

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware
Thank you for your comments.

I wasn't able to find this model in the wisebuyers website.

The MOT is running out soon but they told me they will renew it before selling the car, I have done an HPI check and everything was clear. I tried to check the MOT's using the logbook reference but it didn't work, I have just asked them to check the reference number that I have to see if I copied it wrong.

The car look good, a did a visual inspection of the "gaps" in the boot and hood and they were symmetric.

Perhaps before going ahead with the buy is should take it to the dealer for an assessment? Do you know if garages usually provide that service?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome