Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Audio help!

Thread: Audio help!
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
depends exactly what features you are after but you can get a cracking head unit that has the ipod connectivity and you can also connect you phone via bluetooth to it so you can answer and make phone calls via you head unit without touching your phone at the moment I am liking the look of the Pioneer DEH-P55BT that comes complete with the bluetooth and you can get an ipod adapter for it all in all if you were to buy it from a shop would by 165 for the head unit and 25 for the lead that connects an ipod to a pioneer head unit. But if you were to get it off of ebay ure looking at paying about 125 for the head unit and about the same for the lead, thats the lead that also charges your ipob by the way. Thats just an example personally I am a big fan of alpine headunits and speakers based on sound quality but they are not always the prettiest of looking head unit depens what you are after take a look at

With regards for the speaker sizes I don't know for deffinate but by looking at pictures I would hazard a guess that you have two 8cm speakers on the dash a 13cm speaker in each front door and am not sure about if there are any in the boot or any tweeters on the doors but if you spent around 200 on your head unit that gives you alot to play with regarding speakers and an amp if you want. I would start by changing the 13cm speakers as factory fitted speakers are always rubbish ad you will notice a remarkable difference immediately. Best thing to do is the day you get you car get the ruler out and measure all your speakers you may find that you can get a deal somewhere if you get all of your stuff from there.

Hope this helps
Currently in klw7me's garage:
2000 renault megane coupe 1.6 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome