Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2001 1.4 16v Alize

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2001 1.4 16v Alize

Can anybody offer some advice from new within the first year I had to have all ignition coils replaced. After the first service/ cam belt change the renault dealer kept my clio for 9 weeks - it wouldn't start, then it ran rough lots of black smoke and conking out. They couldn't find a solution gave me a part refund and made me take it back. Another garage eventually figured could be wrong oil so did a total oil change, made it usable. And over time (and oil changes) it has run better. Had problems with the immobilizer - had to buy new keys, when cold engine takes 5 or 6 goes to get started.

Two weeks ago the cam belt snapped, fortunately only taking out two valves. Had it all replaced and am now having exactly the same problems as last time the cam belt was changed. The garage (not a renault dealer), says their computer says there is no faults yet the engine (when it starts) intermittantly runs rough, valves not firing and cuts out. Then won't re-start. He has checked all the wiring to look for a break and can only sumise that it is something to do with the ECU - but why would this be affected by a cam belt change? The garage says this is not there problem and that I should look at the ECU ?

I have enjoyed driving my clio and need it for work I would really appreciate any advice anyone out there can offer.
Currently in suzyone's garage:
2001 Renault Clio 1.4 Alize
  5 Lastest Threads by suzyone
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2001 1.4 16v Alize Cars & motoring tidyclio 10 1846 9th August 2007 07:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome