Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Dismantling Door Mirror To Access Temperature Sensor

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Can I just add to this post as I have just replaced the external temp sensor on my car. I read the instructions here, but couldn't release the spring clip. I was frightened to force it as others have warned about in this section.
A friend who has a garage (servicing large wagons) said bring it down and I will look to see if I can help.
He promptly rang a Renault dealer for advice who said there would be no spring clip. just prise the mirror from the casing. He used a tool that looked like a shoe horn but with a forked end. The mirror came away easily he disconnected the electrical wiring which were slide connectors. The new sensor had a lug on which was meant to screw on to something. However the old one just pressed into a slot, so he just cut the lug off and bingo the new one fitted perfectly.
He would not hear of not soldering the wires as he said it was unprofessional. There was plenty of wire to solder it well away from the mirror case. This he did, then taped the joints, and put the whole thing together (the mirror just pressed into place}. Job well done and has been working perfectly ever since. The whole job was done differently to the advice given before, but please don't think I am criticising the previous advice given, it was just in practice my car had different fittings I think. I hope this helps anyone faced with the same problem.
Currently in Normc3943's garage:
56 Laguna Initiale 2.00
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome