Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Electronics - TDC sensor

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by summercamp View Post
hi all - we replaced the Top Dead Centre sensor to no avail - finally towed it to delear who said diagnostic computer showned no faults but that the key wasn't communicating with the receiver - so we need new key - however they got the car started by bending the key (faulty pcb component?) so we took the car for a run but it stopped again so we ended up gettin the AA to take us home. (as it was late and the dealer was closed).

being an electonics engineer I checked the pcb on both keys but couldn't find a fault - similarly the receiver.

which left me with a useless car (now month since it's worked). I need a new key from renault in france. seems renault in france close down for the whole of august

none of those internet security companies can help. I can't disconnect the immobilser (dealer said it can't be done).

so I have no car for another month

am I the only one who thinks this is not a good thing?

there must be a way to disconnect the immobiliser.

it has an electronic pump so not sure if I can take a lead straight to the battery to bypass the ECU , but surely renault must be able to reprogram the ECU so it doesn't wait for the 'handshake' from the key?

does anyone know?
Is it the Clio mk2 in your sig that this is regarding?

If so then no the immobiliser cannot be bypassed the old ones could but not these ones.

If you are desperate for around 230 you could have a key, UCH and ECU from another car and replaced the whole lot. I realise this is a lot more than a key.
Your other options are if it is a mk2 Clio I know for a fact there are dealers with these plips in stock so would you be willing to travel? I got a new key recently and I could have had one made up independantly but was not 100% sure it was the key. Check your phone book for a local auto locksmith as some of them are able to do this. I found one near me who could and who also carried the plips he quoted me 130 plus you would need to go to Renault with your log book and identification and pay a 15 administrative charge to get the immobiliser could for this.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome