Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Heater Fan Fix

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 10th August 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Trying to help

Thanks for very good advice on this subject.Extremely difficult to get heater motor and fan out of my wife's 2000 Scenic with AC.I found that pollen filter cover has to be removed,the lower ns door into footwell plastic has to be twisted awayand the lower dash loosened by removing the small end cover and undoing the 13mm socket nut.Having twisted and wriggled the motor out I found it had whole leaves in the impellor and looked a little rusty.It would not spin if given 12 volts so water had ruined it.New one in with lot of swearing and grazes;works OK.So why?Took off ns half of bonnet to screen cover[need to undo all screws incl offside].Water channel and Heater intake together.Suspect this is the problem.Cleaned little flapvalve behind bonnet support to get water away .This will be regular maintainance now .Made a shield to restrict water flow into air duct [which seems to be too low] leaving plenty of room for airflow round side and back.Mounted firmly using 10 mm socket screw at front of duct.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome