Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II" Auto headlights " query

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11th August 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Is yours the 04 model? Although registered Sept 03 it may still be the 03 model.
The auto lights and wipers are part of the same sensor.
Our LAguna certainly has the see me home function - this function is separate from the sensor. It is purely activated by pulling the main beam/flash stalk back when the ignition is off, the lights then stay on for a while afterwards.
If you have the 04 model the area in the screen for the sensor is circular.
If yours is still the older model the sensor area will be rectangular in shape - longer and thinner. If you have this type of sensor you will only have auto wipers.

To further confuse things, 04 model Dynamiques had the auto wipers (with new style sensor) but not auto lights.

If you do indeed have auto lights you can switch the function on quite easily by yourself. It is just a case of switching lights on/off/on quite quickly. CAn't remeber if you need engine running or not. I know engine needs to be on to deactivate or activate but can't remeber which, ignition has to be on but engine off to activate/deactivate or vice versa.It is in the manual though. If you need the info I can look it up and tell you the method.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.

Last edited by SportTourer; 11th August 2007 at 07:51 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome