Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Deal or no deal

Thread: Deal or no deal
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
I'm kinda surprised'ish at the results here ... maybe we need a definition of whats meant by "trust", as the results appear to show that the manufacturers (Renault) representatives are not to be trusted ... is that what we really mean?

I agree that you need to keep on top of them (as almost any commercial organisation ... do you trust British Gas?) as they will try most things to reduce the risk of the dealership incurring cost (remember its the dealer that pays for "warranty items " then reclaims what it can from the manufacturer)

For example, I believe Renault only pay 48/hr labour of warranty work ... why do they charge me 80 ?

I'm not defending the dealer network, although I dont think Renault are that different from the likes of Ford/Vauxhall/Fiat/VW/Volvo etc ... I just a bit confused at what message is being put across .

As far as how I voted, then yes I've had my woe's but on the whole ..... yes I trust my dealer ... I couldnt own any type of "new" car if I didnt ... but I do keep my eye on them.

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome