Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Difference between headlights...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Difference between headlights...

Hi guys

Basically, we're mildly modifying the Clio we have. Nothing OTT, and where possible, OEM in looks. We've just had the passenger wing and door resprayed, so whilst at it we had the bumper and door strips done too. We also picked up a set of 15" Renault Clio alloys from a breakers and ditched the crappy aftermarket 14's that came on it. Changed the repeaters to clear ones etc...the car is really coming together-see pic here, or more here. But i digress!

Now we've had the bumper strips re-sprayed, we think the car looks a little bland from the front. We want to add foglights (but i'm being put off by all the wiring that isn't there), but an easier mod in the meantime would be to change the headlights. Whats the difference between our ones and the ones on the green Clio (aside the obvious visual difference)? And what Clio's should those headlights be on?

If i were to find a set of these lights, would they be a direct replacement for the standard ones or do they need additional wiring? As it's only our daily runner, i don't want anything to complex to put in. But from a looks perspective, what do others think? Do our current ones look better or the Sport ones look better? Bear in mind the car may get foglights, but will def. be getting lowered between 20/30mm too. Opinions/advice welcomed!

Currently in DantheClioman's garage:
Clio Phase 2 Mk 1

Last edited by DantheClioman; 12th August 2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Additional info...
  5 Lastest Threads by DantheClioman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Mk2 Ph 1 Clio question... Electronics scatz 1 917 18th March 2009 08:02 AM
Clio MK I PH II - Headlight Conversion Exterior styling terry nagel 15 6617 25th November 2007 09:37 AM
Difference between headlights... Electronics Truckbusuk 4 1726 12th August 2007 10:05 PM
Installing Electrics... Electronics chris m 1 1183 7th July 2007 06:19 PM
Dash Removal for a '98 Clio Interiors chicker 1 1023 7th July 2007 05:53 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome