Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clock and Trip keeps zeroing

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clock and Trip keeps zeroing

Can you help? I have a Scenic 2 1.9 Diesel on a 53 plate and have had loads of problems with the car. I am the first owner. This time the clock and trip keep zeroing themselves. After re-setting the clock it might hold for an hour or two or it might be seconds. When this goes the trip section on the dash goes as well (MPG - Av Speed etc). I thought it might be a fuse but if it was that it would stop working full stop so it might be a loose connector or a bad earth. Any others had this problem and if so how did you repair it? Without taking it to my local dealer Mr Shark at 50 + V.A.T. per hour.

My other problem is it needs a new starter which I have just purchased second-hand today. On asking around it looks like Renault have a big issue with electronics and all the people I have spoken to in the Trade agree. In this day and age in modern technology things should be better than it is.

All this taken I would appreciate help on the top matter. Thanks in advance.
Currently in Meeker's garage:
Scenic 2
  5 Lastest Threads by Meeker
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clock and Trip keeps zeroing Electronics ottoman 7 1257 14th August 2007 02:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome