Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How can I lock my car?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question How can I lock my car?

I'm away from home at the moment, with just the one keycard - which has chosen today to stop working! It's the old microswitch that works the locking that's dropped off (I can hear it rattling about inside), and I've read the posts about how to fix it, which I'll sort out as soon as I get home again.

In the meantime, how do I lock the car? I've tried locking it using the switch on the central console, but as soon as I open the door to get out, all the doors unlock, so using the physical key to lock the passenger door doesn't help - all the other doors are still open.

I read something on one of the threads about pressing the central console for a few seconds with the driver's door open, and I tried that, but the instant I press the switch, all the doors lock and immediately unlock again, and no matter how long I hold the switch down for, nothing else happens.

So at the moment the car is out in the hotel car park unlocked, and not lockable. Needless to say, I've taken all the valuables out (what valuables??).

Help, please!
  5 Lastest Threads by JohnBanks
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How can I lock my car? Cars & motoring madnoel10 5 1171 14th August 2007 09:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome