Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Electric Door Mirror Switch Melted

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 15th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Update on scenic II mirror switch

The customer services manager contacted me back and said that the car had been checked out and the outcome was it needed a new door loom because the connector was missing that joined it to the switch plus a new switch
He also said that renault wouldnt contribute to the cost of repairs which was quoted at 200
On speaking to the service manager at the dealer he said that as the 2 middle top pins we missing on the switch it was these pins that caused the fault probably due to the connecter being a bit loose causing an electrical arc.
These pins are the connection for the mirror heater circuit which is all connected on the same loom as the rear screen heater and all come on together so you cant just take the fuse out for the mirror heater.
He assures me that the cars been checked out including checking the resistance of the mirror and its all okay??it just needs the new parts to be fine
As im a qualified engineer im not so sure as on checking the car i dont think they have even touched it,as the electical tape on the wires is still mine and not been removed.and the door panel has still the original seals intact,but call me a optimist!!

Anyway i shall try & fix it the weekend myself by getting a switch and a 6" part of the loom from a scrap yard 10 and wiring it together with a small electrical connector block.

PS I think i might leave out the 2 wires for the heater going to the switch to be on the safe side as heated mirrors are not really needed
Currently in STE1999's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome