Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Deal or no deal

Thread: Deal or no deal
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 15th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Truckbusuk View Post
Not good Jonah , get straight back to the dealership and get them to confirm what was ordered, and compare that to your copy of the order form, that way you will see the difference .... if its not the correct car then get them to order the correct car and explain what happened ... and what they are going to do about it.

Make sure you deal with the salesman who sold you the car and his manager and the dealer principle .... you should get what you ordered and paid for .... lets know how you get on.

hope it helps
Dealership sticks by its order form signed by me. Next time I buy new, I will take their brochure and highlight every damn detail that I want! They tried fobbing me off with the Renault engine cover does not exist because it is not supplied. What utter rubbish! I even have the clips that held it in place.

As for the spec of the new car, well it does not have the following which I was expecting to have from my previous model, especially as I asked for "I would like the same as I have now!" That was where we began and now these items are missing or different:-
1.) Interior mirror is not the self dipping one
2.) Air con is manual and is not the same as on my previous vehicle, which was electronic and automatic climate control.
3.) No etched windows - does no one steal Renaults any more?

Trust your dealer I have been told. No way. Trust no one except yourself. That way you don't get disappointed.
Currently in Jonah's garage:
Renault Scenic II and now my second III.

Last edited by Jonah; 15th August 2007 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome