Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Almost conked out

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 21st January 2006 Thread Starter
Banned User
Curveball Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Aha aha the plot thickens
Thanx for the replies nicolidus & Horatio I never touched the clutch or the brakes before to get the car started with no error messages, mine doesn't have the hands free card, but like you said the car will not start if left in gear.

If I've left it in gear before yes, I have had to either select neutral, or alternately depress the clutch but I've just found some more clues.

Just been out to diesel up within about two minutes I could hardly see the kerb went to put on the heater fan, suddenly it dawned on me the panel wasn't lit up.
No heater fan, no air con, & no rear window heater, which I guess indicates somewhere, wherever it is, theres a fuse blown. I'm pretty sure the AA guy checked out all the fuses under the bonnet by the battery, so there must be some more fuses, elsewhere.

I'll check this out first light in the morning, oh sugar I forgot its Sunday, prolly be second, or maybe even third light. Then I'll post back.

Thanks again Guys
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome