Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Megane - Convertible - Advice Please

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 16th August 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by SportTourer View Post
We have the cc with the glass folding roof. We are really pleased with it.

Apart from the usual things to look for when buying a secondhand car you need to check the roof opens and shuts properly and lines up correctly. Also check for leaks, early cc's were prone to leaking ever so slightly.
Make sure the elctrics work as well.
As long as the car has a full service history and oil has been regularly changed (with synthetic oil ),esp for the diesel, it should be ok.
Early Meganes also suffered with brake squeal, this I think dosen't affect all cars and can be prevented by using different grades of pads.
If buying privatey I would buy an independant warranty for at least 12mths. Likewise if buying from a garage it should have at least 12mths warranty "thrown" in if still not under manufacturers warranty.
Depending on what you are after, I would personally go for the 1.9dci. The car is a lot heavier than a standar Megane so the 1.6 petrol is slightly underpowered, the 2.0 petrol is fine but will be a bit thirsty and need to be revved ( as is with all 16v petrols),the 2.0 petrol turbo is quicker still, the 1.9dci (esp in 130bhp form) is the best compromise, as it offers decent performance,relaxed,quiet cruising and averages high 40mpg.
The Megane cc is no "sports car" - it looks the business, but as with most modern 4 seater cabs it is better at cruising around the "B" roads than as an out and out speed machine.

Good post SportTourer .
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome