Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sat Nav TMC problem

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 16th August 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by thenuggett View Post
Hope someone can help. I have a TMC enabled disc and the logo appears in green more often than not at the bottom of the screen. I found via the forms that it is only classic FM that transmits the TMC messages.
I dont have any manuals for either the sat nav or stereo.
How do I tune my sat nav to classic FM ?
I have tuned my radio to classic FM for traffic info but do i need to listen to classic FM to receive the messages.
What am I doing wrong and how do I get the sat nav to pick up classic FM ????
Many thanks
Firstly, the TMC signal is received by the unit that's fitted in the dash. The radio is not required since the Sat Nav unit has a separate tuner.

Classic FM is curently used to distribute the iTMC data that Renault adopt. The system is fully automatic and no adjustments are possible.

You will only get notified of traffic issues from the TMC information if there is a problem on your route. You can however view all information as follows...

From the map screen push the rotary button and select INFO. From this screen then select one of the traffic info screens at the top of the display. If these options are greyed out then either there is no traffic info or you are not getting TMC data.

What does the TMC icon show at the bottom of the screen? (is it TMC_INFO or just TMC. It should be the first if a correct TMC signal is locked.

You can check which frequeny is being used and the quality of reception by going into User Settings - System - Functional test - RDS-TMC.
It will ask for a code which is 4112.

Hope this helps

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome