Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sat Nav - How Much will this set me back?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Sat Nav - How Much will this set me back?

Hi all,

My 53 plate Laguna has just come back from the dealer following an 1100 repair ( EGR Valve stuck open, inlet manifold cracked, front & rear brakes)!!!

Since the car came back I've noticed that the time isn't staying current - every time the ignition is turned on it resets itself back to the time from the last correction I made (I have now given up correcting it every time!).

On reading the forums I have deduced that this is probably down to a dodgy Satnav antenna (have also got the red satellite symbol permanently).

1) Is it possible the antenna has become detached or damaged during their diagnostics / repairs last week? Is there a fairly straightforward way for me to check the connections?

2) The satnav was definitely playing up before it went in although I was getting a green symbol and the clock was staying current, it didn't seem to be processing the location correctly (location on map bore no relation to physical location). Also, if I reset my position manually now, and then drive the car, the map indicates I'm travelling in roughly the opposite direction to what I am, so is the problem bigger than just the antenna? (I was under the impression that the gyro's etc in the computer should keep a rough idea of the cars location)

3) Anyone have any experience of having the antenna or other components replaced? How much did it set you back?

Any advice or similar experiences welcome!
Currently in majestic103's garage:
2010 Megane Coupe 1.6 Dynamique Tomtom
  5 Lastest Threads by majestic103
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane III Tomtom xcarlink ipod issue In-car entertainment majestic103 0 1357 22nd January 2012 08:09 PM
Laguna II Auto Box issue (or not)! Engines ali880 13 3247 16th August 2007 04:43 PM
Sat Nav - How Much will this set me back? Electronics excavator 5 1613 16th August 2007 04:28 PM
Laguna Initiale CD Player is silent!!! Electronics faffer 20 4648 18th February 2007 11:57 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome