Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna I - Phase 1 - Alarm Key ?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 16th August 2007
Beaky Buzzard
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hello to all you clever people out there please help save my sanity!
I have a Renault Laguna Phase one (IR by rear view mirror). It was fitted with an Alarm/immobilizer marked with a Renault sticky label so I assume it was fitted from new by Renault as an extra. It appears to be faulty resetting itself and going off even when the key is in the ignition and the car is on tick over but will switch off via the IR fob before resetting in about 2 mins and going off again!?

The alarms control box has a barrel lock and I don***8217;t have the key. To turn the alarm off on the alarm box under the bonnet it requires a quarter turn to the off position, is there any other way to turn the lock into the off position without the key or bypass it all together as it also acts as an immobilizer? I have the alarm box out of the car and have tried taking the back off the barrel in the hope it could be done from there but it can***8217;t
Can the alarm be rewired to trick it into thinking it***8217;s in the off position? Can anyone tell me the wiring so it can be bypassed? The garage it is at didn***8217;t appear interested in checking any sensors or anything he simply thinks its better to bypass it if possible?!

I don***8217;t know if this matters but the car was stood with a dead battery for over a year before I got it and bought a new battery for it, once hooked up both fobs worked and the car started up no problem except for the alarm. The car is ready for MOT but for this alarm fault. Please help guys im at a total loss and pretty fed up!!
Currently in Beaky Buzzard's garage:
2004 Renault Laguna RT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome