Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 16:9 display question

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I***8217;m planning to buy a 2003-2004 Vel Satis privilege or initiale which uses the built-in 16:9 LCD monitor for navigation and radio. I first thought about changing the radio for the new model, but this doesn***8217;t seem to be possible. Thinking this over I still would not be satisfied with this solution even if it had worked. I decided I wanted to change the whole radio and navigation stuff. The idea is to use the Alpine vehicle hub pro, which I want to install as you can see on the attachment. I only want to use the original speakers and display. The original radio is still installed, but it***8217;s not connected. This way it***8217;s a nice anti-theft option because you almost don***8217;t see anything from the installed Alpine stuff.

This way I have a great sound, very good dvd based navigation, iPod, Bluetooth and subwoofer connection option.

I do have 2 questions about the display:
  • Is the 16:9 display indeed only used for navigation and radio, or is it also used to display any other information.
  • How is it connected: composite video or RGB?

(I think the same display is used in other Renaults like the espace)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Idee audio - navigatie systeen Vel Satis optie 2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	3870  

Last edited by Teejoo; 16th August 2007 at 08:42 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Teejoo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
16:9 display question Electronics Teejoo 2 868 16th August 2007 08:40 PM
Changing old model Cabasse auditorium for the new... Electronics camelopardis 13 8673 2nd August 2007 09:27 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome