Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Do Renaults Have Positive or Negative Radiator Fans

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 16th August 2007 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by Bob925 View Post
When the head gasket went on my car ages ago I started to notice something was wrong when the temp guage was highish, and the fan kept running after the car was switched off and locked. It had no coolant in it, of course! So I guess the fan does work without the ignition on!
Thats great i have never noticed my fan coming on after she has been locked up but i have had cars that have but my car never seems to get very hot anyway,i would of thought if your car does mine would also do it if it was hot enough after i stopped so it must them be a positive fan,its just that iam thinking of buying a extra part for my alarm and it has to have a deley on it if it is a positive fan because if it was to arm strait away the fan would set it off,thanks Bob all the very best Donald.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome