Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - rx4 seized calliper?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th April 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
rx4 seized calliper?

hi guys,

ive had a terrible time with my rx4 due to mechanic being careless and incompetent.

it started off with me putting my car in to get the clutch fixed only to get it back with a gearbox problem and exhaust blowing after clutch replacement.

following that episode i had a stuck key in the ignition where i had to get the barrel replaced due to dirt lodged inside it. This was caused by him leaving he car keys on a mucky/oily floor!

it seems i have a seized calliper as the car is fighting against itself to move forward and when i come to a stop on a slight hill it literally does stop and doesnt move!

all these problems occurred from when this mechanic was in possession of my vehicle. and there is no way that all of these problems happened at once. if it did then i really do have bad luck!

before i handed my car in there was no evidence of a seized calliper, the key was turning fine and i had no gearbox or blown exhaust problems. i got the usual wear and tear nonsense excuse but the mechanic did fix the gearbox as it was a bush or something missing (due to him forgetting to put it back together properly) as it was clanking about. he also patched up the exhaust and eventually got a locksmith to change the barrel.

can someone tell me how much a brake calliper is and how easy it is to check which side is knackered? can the calliper be fixed unseized in anyway?

your help is appreciated on this matter because im at my wits end with this whole saga.

Currently in kakawak's garage:
Renault Scenic RX4 1.9 DCI Privelage Monaco

Last edited by kakawak; 16th April 2015 at 10:39 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by kakawak
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
non starter when turning key! Electronics kakawak 4 493 2nd July 2015 09:37 PM
can i bypass the window switch? Electronics lancs dave 7 667 2nd May 2015 12:18 PM
rx4 seized calliper? Brakes/Hubs kakawak 14 1381 16th April 2015 10:22 PM
rx4 key stuck in ignition Electronics kakawak 5 935 28th March 2015 08:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome