Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Which Level of Servicing?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th August 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Which Level of Servicing?

As most of you are aware I purchased my Lag a couple of months ago. MOT is up for renewal in November and I was considering having the car serviced the month or two before to give me enough time to gather funds for any potential problems that may arise.

Looking through the paperwork I received with the motor the car had a major service acrried out in Sept. 2003 @ 35K and then a Renault 25 point check @ 54K.

The car now has 78K and I cannot see that any other servicing has been carried out since the 54K check.

The bloke I bought the car from serviced the car himself and advised me that the cambelt had been changed @ 75K albeit no paperwork. He advised me that the 'marks' were there (I haven't the knowledge to go removing half the engine bay to get to the cambelt to check so took his word for it, risk I have taken).

Anyway, long story short, would you recommend a Full Service or Major Service? I have been quoted 200 for a Full and 246 for a Major, are they good prices, bearing in mind my previous 9 months worth of Tesco clubcard vouchers (34) are worth 135 towards Nationwide Autocentres prices?

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
  5 Lastest Threads by scatz
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scatz is upgrading! [Pic Heavy] My mottah! scatz 18 3577 11th March 2014 10:54 AM
Exhaust blow is driving me nuts! Exhausts scatz 8 2199 22nd August 2013 04:02 PM
Where are all the Mk1 V6 Laguna's? General Chat pauljackie 5 1927 24th July 2013 05:58 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome