Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - rx4 seized calliper?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 18th April 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: rx4 seized calliper?

hi dave,

so i started the job of swapping the calliper from the old rx4 (passenger side) onto the current one and with success there was a little scary moment with the bleed nipple not budging so i got the blow torch out and voila! so all good from there on in and was easier than i thought. i was going to replace the whole brake disc, calliper and pads but only opted for the calliper and pads as the other pads were totally screwed and the 2 parts that hold the calliper in place with the bolts seemed to difficult to remove.

i did notice that the bolt on the brake disc was missing and that it was wobbling about. so i had to remove and replace the bolt to keep it all nice and safe however, when i removed the drivers side wheel i noticed that the one of the bolts was sheered off completely so ive only managed to tighten up the one thats holding it in place brake pads were fine on the drivers side.

when i got my dad to pump the pedal to bleed the brakes 3 or 4 times as the fluid was spraaying everywhere i tightened the small nipple with the hope that i did it right. anyways when i took it for a test drive no more seized calliper but my brakes are spongy and the car does stop but not to a skid stop.

do i have to do something else to make the brake pedal firmer when bleeding the brakes?

should i unscrew the brake reservior when bleeding the brakes (i did this anyways) or should i keep it closed?

any other help on this matter would be great

rather than post another thread do you have any ideas why my front drivers window wont go down? i hear a clicking when i try to put the window up but when i try to move it down i dont hear anything! the window doesnt open or shut but i do hear the clicking when i try to pull the switch upwards to close. any ideas?

Currently in kakawak's garage:
Renault Scenic RX4 1.9 DCI Privelage Monaco
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome