Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Do Renaults Have Positive or Negative Radiator Fans

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 17th August 2007 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by hondo View Post
Hiya Donald I dunno how long the fan cuts in & out for after turning off the hot engine on either the Mk1 or MK 2 diesels because I never stick around any longer. But on the R21 petrol it was not unusual for the cooling fan to be still cutting in and out, then bacj in again for anything up-to 20 minutes later, & this was during normal, bog standard driving nothing at all hot or really exiting.

All this cutting in and out business came after the car was modified by Renault on a recall about 3 months after I'd had the car, apparently some owners had suffered from fuel evaporation, therefore making it very difficult to start the car after a hard long run. TBH I never had that problem though

If you are really concerned about your alarm being affected by the fan cutting & out I'd time the duration yourself to see just how long this cycling fan cuts in and out for.
Thanks hondo i might take you up on this but no need at this time,i do not think i have much to worry about i have had this Espace for a year next week and i have never yet heard the fan on yet apart fron once in traffic and even then the car was still running cheers Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome